Friday, July 16, 2010

WELCOME!

As this is my first blog post I'd like to give you all out there a little bit more info about me. This is my first "real" blog. Well, I should say second because I had a Xanga account way back when that was popular. Then I did the whole Myspace gig and have now gone onto Facebook and Twitter (for which I will most likely be making an account specifically for this blog).

I live at home with my parents, go to school and have a part-time job at a children's department store. I'm majoring in Psychology and minoring in Sociology. I was originally going to school for business but learned that I have NO interest in that, for now. I say "for now" because in the future I may go back to it for other endeavors. For psychology, I'm aiming more towards child psych and counseling. I am now also becoming interested in social media, so hopefully this blog will give me some experience and a push forward.

Now, on to more interesting stuff.

This blog will definitely include a variety of topics. I will try to keep them short because I for one, do not like to read lengthy blog posts. Straight to the point with a some oppinion thrown in, thats what I like. I don't want to bore any future readers I might have!

I'll start with a series that I'll call "Intro Topics" in which I will so sample posts of topics that I will cover in this blog. But like I said, this blog will be very random, so topics will be ever changing. ;]

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, Vero!
    First off, cute nickname. Secondly, it sounds like we have a good bit in common. I am going to school, live with my parents, and have a part-time job (actually, I'm in the middle of a job switch, but the last place I worked was in retail. Retail can be fun at times, and then it can be absolute hell, all in the same day!). Nail polish is super-fun, and I like trying out new colors. I got teased for my wild-colored nails at my last job. lol.

    Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what else you do with it.

    Peace, Love, and Hugs,

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Dani! It's good to know there are other people with similar interests to mine on here. My bf and mom think I'm crazy for obsessing over my nails, but I tell them I am not even at that point yet (which scares them lol jk).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica: Love your web blog, I am 52, divorced straight male and also a nail polish fanatic, LOL.

    My "unique hobby," started with painting my ex-wife's toenails, she liked it so much I kept doing hers and it became a ritual for the both of us. While on a business trip with her, I saw a couple (when she booked us both on a harbor cruise,) they both were wearing matching op[en toed sandals and matching blue painted toenails,,,) This image must have been etched in my mind because one day after work I painted mine and showed my ex wife. After she stopped screaming, she told me she would support me on my unique hobby and if this is what I wanted to do, she was okay with it.

    I don't think you are obsessing over painting your nails, they look beautiful and if this is something you love to do I say why not? Many nail polish web bloggers have made a small profit from advertisers who pay for ad space and some have even developed their own line of signature Nail Polishes.

    For myself, whenever I paint my toenails it makes me feel happier and I do it because I don't really care what other people think. So far it has been a very positive experience. Good luck with your web blog. Nameste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geo58 - You are breaking barriors! I think its great that your a man that enjoys nail polish. I mean, why not? Its something that both you and your wife can enjoy together and there is no wrong in that. I would love to see some of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Veronica-well that what's I was intending. She didn't want to see it the same way. It's also a shame because we would have had a good time and lots of fun if she wasn't worried about what her girlfriends thought about the whole painted toes thing.

    I mean we could have visited nail salons together, why did she support it in the beginning if she worried about peer pressure from her girlfriends.

    well, now I am hooked and don't plan on stopping. I love the nail polish the same way many women do, I guess and I am not worried about what other people think, LOL Thanks for the encouraging comments.

    You have beautiful and gorgoeus nails. Your web blog is so wonderful Veronica.

    Nameste.

    Mc Huggs :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you all! Leave a comment, about anything!