Thursday, February 10, 2011

Broken Hearts




Guess who is actually back with a decent post? ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!

I got the idea for this manicure from sayanythingbr00ke's Anti-Valentine's Day manicure. Instead of using the usual ring finger as the accent nail, she used the middle finger to give that extra "umph" to the manicure. So I went in the same direction and used the middle finger as my accent nail!

The base color is two coats of Icing Gargoyle. On the middle finger I made little hearts with Zoya Delilah with a dotting tool. To "break" the hearts I used Sally Hansen Black Out. Although Icing Gargoyle is already a matte polish, I added Maybelline Matte Maker as a top coat, which apparently ended up giving the manicure a satin finish (that I do like).

By the way, I have probably used Maybelline Matte Maker in about 3 manicures tops and a little more than 1/4 of the .5 oz bottle has disappeared. *shrugs*

I will probably post a Valentine's Day manicure on Sunday!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you all! Leave a comment, about anything!